Home Care Instructions For Flexible Dentures
DO NOT MAKE ADJUSTMENTS OR REPAIRS YOURSELF
Flexible dentures, like your own teeth, require care and good oral hygiene. To keep your flexible dentures looking and feeling like new, please follow these simple directions:
1. Clean your flexible denture regularly.
2. Rinse your flexible denture under running water after eating to remove any food particles. A sonic denture cleaner may also be used.
3. Don’t use alcohol, abrasive cleaners, bleaches, whiteners, Listerine, etc. as they may breakdown or scratch the surface of the denture. Harsh products like bleach will turn the pink parts of your denture white.
4. Brushing your flexible denture is NOT recommended as this may remove the polish and roughen the surface over time.
5. Keep your flexible denture in water whenever it is not being worn to keep the surface hydrated.
6. Soak the denture in denture cleaner for 10 – 15 minutes a day, or overnight at least three times a week if it collects heavy deposits of tartar.
7. Do not use boiling water, the dishwasher, or the microwave to clean or soak your dentures because it will warp them.
8. Remember to remove the denture before brushing your natural teeth and gums or rinsing with mouthwash.
9. Please keep your regular dental appointments and remember to always bring your dentures with you for routine evaluation.
10. Please also refer to and follow the appropriate recommended home care tips listed under Complete & Partial Dentures.
11. We offer Smile Again Concentrated Denture Cleaner for all your removable appliance needs.